Mencap Liverpool is a standalone charity serving the needs of people with a learning disability and their families and carers in the city. Our work is almost entirely funded by voluntary contributions from charitable trusts, legacies and donations.
We know people with a learning disability don’t get an even break and we are dedicated to putting this right.
- We visit families in crisis and offer support and a way forward
- We connect people who have spent a lifetime in social isolation giving them a network of support and new friendships
- We support people to volunteer and we improve employability by giving career and personal development workshops
- We listen to our members and campaign on the issues that most affect them, such as hate crime and inequality
By focusing on the issues that our members tell us matter the most we change local lives and communities for the better.
- People with a learning disability are amongst the most isolated and excluded in today’s society. We’re here to challenge that, supporting people in Liverpool to access social opportunities and friendships that will make a real difference to their lives.
- As many as 9/10 people with a learning disability have been a victim of hate crime. We campaign across Merseyside and work proactively in local communities to stamp hate crime out.